A Random Letter Generator is an online tool to pick a random alphabet letter from A to Z or generate a list or sequence of random letters.
This tool can be used for any games where you need random letters, or it can be used by teachers to learn kids the letters of the alphabet. It's also possible to generate some random words with an x amount of random letters.
Random Letter Games
Did you ever play games in the car when you went to vacation destination? Games like, name an animal that starts with the letter A or name food that ends with a G. The Random Letter Generator is the perfect to for generating a random letter for these type of games. Another fun game is to generate an amount of random letters, get a pen and a notepad and try to write down as much words as you can with the random letters. The one who got the most correct words is the winner.
What games did you play with random letters?
Letter generator options
You can generate a random alphabet letter with the default options, but we have more options:
- Number of random letters per sequence: This is the amount of letters which are included in one letter sequence. By default, the tool is generating one sequence, so if you select 4 in this filter we generate 4 random letters.
- Number of letter sequences: This is the amount of letter sequences. If you select 3, you will get 3 letter sequences with the selected number of random letters per sequence from the first filter. So if this filter is 4 and the amount per sequence is 3, you will get 4 letter sequences with each 3 random letters.
- Generate lowercase or UPPERCASE letters: The random letter will be lowercase by default. This filter is applied to all random letters and all random letter sequences.
- Unique letters in letter sequence: This means that there can be no repeats in one letter sequence when it's enabled. This is only for 1 letter sequence, when generating multiple sequences of random letters the new sequence will be reset and can have letters of the first sequence.
Random Letter Generator Tips
If you have any tips, feedback or improvements for our Random Letter Generator, please send a message on our Facebook page.
Elements of a Random Letter Generator
A random letter generator consists of the following features;
- Value Resetting
Clicking on the ‘Reset the Value’ button allows the user to reset the input fields of the generator to its default values. This is necessary for every new step of letter generation.
- Choice of Letters
This describes the specific set of alphabets from which the user plans to generate random letters. An example of such a set includes a-g or g-z.
- Number of Letters
This function allows users to specify the number of letters they wish to generate.
- Generate Random Letters Button
After the user has specified their input values, this button initiates the process of random letter generation.
- The Text Box
This is the segment in the tool where the output of the values specified by the user is displayed.
How to Use a Letter Generator?
Using a random letter generator is simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Enter the specific number of letters you wish to generate.
- Specify a range of the alphabets from which you wish to generate random letters. You should, however, leave the tool in its default values if you want to generate letters from A to Z.
- On the top checkbox, specify whether you want to generate random letters with no duplicates or repeats.
- Click on the ‘Generate Random Letters’ button.
- Check for the display of the output on the Text Box. If the output is not entirely displayed, scroll the Text Box.
- Refresh and repeat the procedure.
Enjoyed our free Random Letter Generator? Pay us with your like on Facebook !