How to export Facebook comments?
Export Facebook comments in the following steps:
- Login with admin account of the Facebook page.
- Select Facebook page and allow read permissions.
- Select Facebook post or enter Facebook URL.
- Choose export settings for Facebook comments.
- Click Export Facebook comments.
We will now get and download your Facebook comments and export them in CSV format. In the Excel file you can find the following data:
- Facebook name.
- Facebook comment.
- Like count of the comment.
- Date of the comment.
- Comment ID.
- Comment parent ID (if comment is a reply).
- Comment is hidden.
- Link to the comment.
- Link to comment attachment (photo / video).
- Post ID.
- App-scoped user ID.
You are able to turn various fields on or off in the settings for the export.
Important: We do not store, sell or distribute your comment data. Comments are downloaded only in your browser using the Facebook API. Data should only be used for personal purposes. Be responsible for the privacy of your followers. We only support organic comments, not comments from a boost.
Download Facebook Comments
You can download the Facebook comments in order to:
- Get names to pick a winner for your Facebook Giveaway or contest using our wheel of names.
- Check if the comments, comment count and commenters matching with our Facebook Comment Picker.
- Analyse your Facebook comments and followers.
- Backup comment data of your Facebook posts.
Why are you downloading your Facebook comments? Let us know.
How to extract comments from Facebook Comments plugin or Facebook app?
You can export comments from an external website with the embedded Facebook Comment plugin in the following steps:
- Login with Facebook.
- Select option Comments from Facebook Comments plugin on external website.
- Enter the link of the page with the embedded Facebook Comments plugin.
- Choose export setting.
- Export Facebook comments.
Facebook comments & users filters
After selecting your Facebook page and post you can select different filters for comments and users. Each filter is explained below.
Minimum amount of friends tagged
If you select this option a single comment should have a minimum number of friends mentioned before it's included in the export. You can choose up to 10 friends mentioned.
Include comment replies
If you enable this option comment replies are included in the comment export. By default, comment replies are excluded in the comment export. You will get the parent comment ID of the reply in the export.
Filter duplicate users
If the filter is enabled, we will exclude all comments made by the same user except for their first comment. We use a unique Facebook user ID to identify the user.
Filter comments based on a specific text
If you enable this filter an extra text field will appear where you can enter a specific text, hashtag or answer. A comment should contain this text to be included in the export.