How to export Facebook comments?
Export Facebook comments in the following steps:
- Login with admin account of the Facebook page
- Allow "Read content posted on the Page" and "Read user content on your Page"
- Select Facebook page
- Select Facebook post or enter Facebook URL
- Choose export settings for Facebook comments
- Click Export Facebook comments
We will now get and download your Facebook comments and export them in CSV format. In the Excel file you can find the following data:
- Name of the Facebook user that added the comment.
- Facebook comment.
- Like count of the comment.
- Date of the comment.
- Comment ID
- Comment parent ID (if comment is a reply)
- Link to the comment.
Download Facebook Comments
You can download the Facebook comments in order to:
- Get names to pick a winner for your Facebook Giveaway or contest using our wheel of names
- Check if the comments, comment count and commenters matching with our Facebook Comment Picker
- Analyse your Facebook comments and followers
- Backup comment data of your Facebook posts
Why are you downloading your Facebook comments? Let us know.
How to extract comments from Facebook Comments plugin or Facebook app?
You can export comments from an external website with the embedded Facebook Comment plugin in the following steps:
- Login with Facebook.
- Select option Comments from Facebook Comments plugin on external website.
- Enter the link of the page with the embedded Facebook Comments plugin.
- Choose export setting.
- Export Facebook comments.
Export Facebook comments settings
After selecting your FB page and post you can select export options. What does the comment export settings mean? Let me explain.
Minimum amount of friends tagged
If you select this option a single comment should have a minimum number of friends mentioned before it's included in the export. You can choose up to 10 friends mentioned.
Include comment replies
If you enable this option comment replies are included in the comment export. By default comment replies are excluded in the comment export. You will get the parent comment ID of the reply in the export.
Filter duplicate users
If this filter is enabled we will filter out multiple comments made by one user. Only the first comment of this user will be included in the export. A user is defined by a user ID that we get from Facebook.
Filter comments based on a specific text
If you enable this filter an extra text field will appear where you can enter a specific text, hashtag or answer. A comment should contain this text to be included in the export.
Sort comments by
You can sort the comments in the Excel by name of the Facebook user, date (newest first), date (oldest first) and like count. If you need other sorting options, please let us know.