Combination Generator is a tool to generate random or ordered combinations from two lists of names or items. In the random pairing generator you can choose if you want to generate a number of random combination or all possible combinations. All combination can be random or ordered and/or grouped by one of the lists. The combination maker can also create combinations from one list.
After entering the two list of item/names, you will see the possible number of combinations possible. When selecting a specific number of combination, it will always be a random combination. You can also choose how you want to separate the combinations, by newline, comma, pipe, space or line between.
Do you want new features for the combination maker? Please send us a message via Facebook or Instagram, so we can build this feature for you! We already did it for a few other users :)
Combinations Generator examples
A simple example of the output of the combination generator with a list of letters and list of numbers.
Input first list of items:
Input second list of items::
Output combinations random/ordered:
- All (random): "B - 2 | A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1"
- All (ordered): "A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1 | B - 2"
- Unique (random): "A - 2 | B - 1"
- Unique (ordered): "A - 1 | B - 2"
- All grouped by list 1 (random): "A - 2 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | B - 1"
- All grouped by list 1 (ordered): "A - 1 | A - 2" & "B - 1 | B - 2"
- All grouped by list 2 (random): "A - 1 | B - 1" & "A - 2 | B - 2"
- All grouped by list 2 (ordered): "B - 1 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | A - 2"
- All combinations from list 1 only (random): "A - B"
- All combinations from list 1 only (ordered): "A - B"
- All combinations from list 2 only (random): "1 - 2"
- All combinations from list 2 only (ordered): "1 - 2"
What can I use the Combination Generator for?
There are a lot of use cases for a combination generator:
- Split up your exercises where you have 2 categories, e.g. one key on note sequence
- Split up two teams of people into groups of 2, whereby you want 1 person from each team
- Create random combinations of drinks and food
- Create pairs of colleagues based on their skills, e.g. list 1: colleagues with junior skills, list 2: colleagues with senior skills
- Create pairs for sport games from 2 teams
- To avoid using excel to create combinations ;-)
- Match players with a unique position
- Number combination generator or letter combination generator
Do you have more examples of use cases for a combination generator? Please let us know via Facebook or Instagram.