What is Combination Generator?
Combination Generator or Pair Generator is an online tool to pair and generate all possible (unique) combinations from one or two lists of items or names which can be sorted by group, random or by input.
In the random pairing generator you can choose if you want to generate a number of random combination or all possible combinations without repetition. All combination can be unique, random, sorted by input and/or grouped by one list.
You can also create combinations from one list of items which will create pairs or combinations. It's also possible to generate combinations with 3 items per combination.
After entering one or two list of items, you will see the possible number of combinations. When selecting a specific number of combination, it will always be a random combination. You can also choose how you want to separate the combinations, by newline, comma, pipe, space or line between.
Do you want new features for the combination maker? Please send us a message via Facebook or Instagram, so we can build this feature for you.
What can I use the Combination Generator for?
There are a lot of use cases for a combination generator:
- Split up your exercises where you have 2 categories, e.g. one key on note sequence.
- Split up two teams of people into groups of 2, whereby you want 1 person from each team.
- Create random combinations of drinks and food.
- Create pairs of colleagues based on their skills, e.g. list 1: colleagues with junior skills, list 2: colleagues with senior skills.
- Create pairs for sport games from 2 teams.
- To avoid using Excel to create combinations.
- Match players with a unique position.
- Number combination generator or letter combination generator.
Do you have more examples of use cases for a combination generator? We would love to hear it.
Combinations Generator examples
A simple example of the output of the combination generator with a list of letters and list of numbers.
Input first list of items:
Input second list of items::
Output of the combinations random/sorted/unique by selected type:
- All (random): "B - 2 | A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1".
- All (sorted): "A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1 | B - 2".
- Unique (random): "A - 2 | B - 1".
- Unique (sorted): "A - 1 | B - 2".
All pairs grouped by a list
- All grouped by list 1 (random): "A - 2 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | B - 1".
- All grouped by list 1 (sorted): "A - 1 | A - 2" & "B - 1 | B - 2".
- All grouped by list 2 (random): "A - 1 | B - 1" & "A - 2 | B - 2".
- All grouped by list 2 (sorted): "B - 1 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | A - 2".
Combinations in one list
- All combinations from list 1 only: "A - B".
- All combinations from list 2 only: "1 - 2".