Ad-free, Premium features & limits, and more.Discover Premium
Random Pair Generator
Random Pair Generator is an online tool to generate all possible combinations and random pairs with random or sorted order by input from one or two lists of items.
In the Random Combination Generator you can choose to generate all (unique) combination random, sorted by input, grouped by first or second list or just select a fixed number of random pairs.
You can now also generate combinations with 3 items per combination with one list of items. Never use Excel anymore for making combinations.
Settings Combination Generator
How to generate all possible combinations?
You can generate all combinations from 1 or 2 lists by using the following steps:
- Enter 1 or 2 lists of items.
- Select type, number of and/or sorting of combinations.
- Select the output of the combinations.
- Generate all possible combinations.
What is Combination Generator?
Combination Generator or Pair Generator is an online tool to pair and generate all possible (unique) combinations from one or two lists of items or names which can be sorted by group, random or by input.
In the random pairing generator you can choose if you want to generate a number of random combination or all possible combinations without repetition. All combination can be unique, random, sorted by input and/or grouped by one list.
You can also create combinations from one list of items which will create pairs or combinations. It's also possible to generate combinations with 3 items per combination.
After entering one or two list of items, you will see the possible number of combinations. When selecting a specific number of combination, it will always be a random combination. You can also choose how you want to separate the combinations, by newline, comma, pipe, space or line between.
What can I use the Combination Generator for?
There are a lot of use cases for a combination generator:
- Split up your exercises where you have 2 categories, e.g. one key on note sequence.
- Split up two teams of people into groups of 2, whereby you want 1 person from each team.
- Create random combinations of drinks and food.
- Create pairs of colleagues based on their skills, e.g. list 1: colleagues with junior skills, list 2: colleagues with senior skills.
- Create pairs for sport games from 2 teams.
- To avoid using Excel to create combinations.
- Match players with a unique position.
- Number combination generator or letter combination generator.
Do you have more examples of use cases for a combination generator? We would love to hear it.
Combinations Generator examples
A simple example of the output of the combination generator with a list of letters and list of numbers.
Input first list of items:
Input second list of items::
Output of the combinations random/sorted/unique by selected type:
- All (random): "B - 2 | A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1".
- All (sorted): "A - 1 | A - 2 | B - 1 | B - 2".
- Unique (random): "A - 2 | B - 1".
- Unique (sorted): "A - 1 | B - 2".
All pairs grouped by a list
- All grouped by list 1 (random): "A - 2 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | B - 1".
- All grouped by list 1 (sorted): "A - 1 | A - 2" & "B - 1 | B - 2".
- All grouped by list 2 (random): "A - 1 | B - 1" & "A - 2 | B - 2".
- All grouped by list 2 (sorted): "B - 1 | A - 1" & "B - 2 | A - 2".
Combinations in one list
- All combinations from list 1 only: "A - B".
- All combinations from list 2 only: "1 - 2".
Video: Random Pairing Generator
Learn how to use our Random Pair Generator tool by watching our how-to video.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Combination Generator is free to use to create all combinations and pairs from a list of items.
The Random Pair Generator can generate all possible pairs from a single list of items. By default, it will generate combinations with pairs of 2 items.
You can also select the option to create combinations with 3 items per combination. This can create a huge list of combinations which can take a while.
The Combination Generator will first generate all possible combination based on the input of one or two lists of items. After that, we shuffle all combinations or a group of combinations. Then we pick and filter the random combinations based on type of combinations.
We do not currently have a native Pair Generator app. However, you can still access our mobile-friendly tool through any web browser on your mobile device. To add a shortcut to the Pair Generator on your home screen, just open the tool in your mobile browser and tap the "Add to Home Screen" button in your browser's settings. This will create a shortcut on your device's home screen, allowing you to quickly and easily access the Random Pair Generator with just one tap.