How to export YouTube comments?
Export YouTube comments in the following steps:
- Add YouTube video link.
- Choose YouTube comments and users filters.
- Choose export settings.
- Press Export YouTube comments.
Check out the video below for a tutorial on how to use our YouTube export tool to download comments.
Our tool will now retrieve and download your YouTube comments and export them in CSV format. In the Excel file, you can find the following data:
- Name of YouTube user.
- YouTube comment.
- Date of the comment.
- Like count of the comment.
- Channel ID of YouTube user.
- Channel link of YouTube user.
- Profile image of YouTube user.
- Video ID.
- Comment ID.
- Comment parent ID (only with comment replies).
- Link to comment.
In the export settings, you can choose which fields to include or exclude in the exported data.
Example of an export of YouTube Comments:
When using this tool you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service.
YouTube comments & users filters
After adding the YouTube video or YouTube Shorts you wish to export comments from, you can apply various filters for comments and users. Each filter is explained below.
Include replies to comments
When you enable this option, comment replies will be included in the exported comments. By default, comment replies are excluded from the export. When included, the export will show the parent comment ID for each reply.
Note: We are not able to get replies on replies.
Filter multiple comments from single user
When this filter is enabled, our tool will exclude multiple comments made by a single user, and only their first comment will be included in the export. A user is identified by a unique channel ID obtained from YouTube.
Filter comments by words or hashtags
When you enable this filter, an additional text field will be displayed where you can input a specific text, hashtag, or answer. To be included in the export, comments must contain the specified text.
Download YouTube Comments
Exporting YouTube comments can provide valuable insights into user feedback, audience demographics, and trends related to your channel or video content.
Additionally, exporting comments can help you to back up your data, monitor spam, collaborate with team members, and generate reports.
Here are some common reasons why someone might want to export YouTube comments:
- Analyze user feedback: Exporting YouTube comments can help content creators and marketers analyze user feedback and identify trends, preferences, and areas for improvement.
- Backup data: If you've received a large number of comments on a video, exporting them can serve as a backup in case you lose access to the original comments or the video itself.
- Conduct research: Exporting comments can be useful for conducting research on topics related to your video or channel, such as audience demographics or sentiment analysis.
- Monitor spam: By exporting comments, you can more easily monitor and filter out spam comments, which can save you time and improve the quality of your comment section.
- Collaborate with others: Sharing comment data with collaborators or team members can facilitate discussions and collaboration around a particular video or channel.
- Create reports: If you need to generate reports related to your YouTube channel or video, exporting comments can provide valuable data to include in your reports.
- Archive comments: Exporting comments can serve as an archive of all the comments that were made on a particular video, which can be useful for historical purposes or reference.