What is a Password Generator?
A Password Generator is an online tool to quickly create safe & secure random passwords. Lowercase & uppercase letters, numbers and special symbols are used to create a real strong and secure password. A strong password is generated using a secure method which can't be hacked.
A password generator is used to create random strong passwords to secure online accounts, files, computers and hard drives. We recommend to leave the default settings of the password generator to create a strong password.
Disclaimer: The use of our password generator is entirely your own responsibility. We do everything we can to make the password as safe and strong as possible, but the risk of using the tool is yours. Make sure you never share password and that you store the passwords securely.
Example of a strong password created by the Random Password Generator:
What is a password manager?
A password manager is an application where you can store all your passwords. The password manager ensures that you can create a different secure password for each online account, without having to remember these passwords yourself. A password manager uses one master password to access all passwords.
In a password manager you can not only manage passwords, but also manage credit cards or secure notes. It is possible to create new passwords within a password manager.
Most well-known and secure password manager is 1Password.
Tips to safely create and store passwords
Creating secure password and storing password secure is very important. A few tips that can help you:
- Make sure the password is at least 15 characters long. The longer the password, the more difficult it is to hack the password.
- Make sure to use a combination of lowercase / uppercase letters, numbers and special symbols. This makes it more difficult for hackers to hack the password.
- Make sure to use a different password for each online account. This avoids the risk of all your accounts being hacked, once your password is leaked.
- Always store all your passwords securely in a password manager, such as 1Password. This means you do not have to remember difficult passwords yourself and that you can use a different password for each account.
- Regularly check whether your email address and password have been leaked in a data breach. A useful website for this is Have I Been Pwned. Make sure you get a notification if your email address has been leaked. Immediately create a new password as soon as your password has been leaked.
Do you have other tips that can help with creating strong passwords and storing passwords in a secure way. Send us a message on Facebook or Instagram, so we can include it in this list of security tips for passwords.